Image Credit: Taj Francis - nature.com
The MEDNIGHT Mediterranean Science Team 2022 jury is made up of excellent researchers from Greece, Egypt, Turkey, Portugal and Spain.
The aim of the jury will be to select the 11 members of the Mediterranean Science Team 2022.
The Mediterranean Science Team symbolises the top science developed in Mediterranean countries, science that contributes especially to solving common problems, and to the
advancement of the countries of the Mediterranean basin.
In their evaluation, the jury members will take into account the following criteria:
1. Relevance of their research to society
2. International projection of their work
3. Importance of making their work visible, with special attention to women scientists.
4. Exceptional nature of their research
The research areas especially valued are those of interest to MEDNIGHT:
- Climate and clean energy. Scientists whose research provides relevant solutions to
address desertification, water management, CO2 removal, clean energy, etc. will
be especially valued to be part of the Mediterranean Science Team.
- Sea and pollution. Scientists whose research provides relevant solutions against
marine pollution will be especially valued to be part of the EMC.
- Diet and nutrition. The Mediterranean diet has been declared Intangible Heritage of
Humanity by UNESCO. Scientists whose research favours the development of
healthy foods for a Mediterranean diet through the use of emerging technologies
will be especially valued.
- Life and health: It will highlight research into wellness in health and longevity.
Call for applications
From Mednight, we encourage institutions, universities and research centers from all Mediterranean countries to submit nominations of scientists to be part of the Mediterranean
Applications should be sent using the form
Submit your application until September 30th
The team’s presentation gala will be held in Istanbul, Turkey, February 9th 2023.
8th EWORA Conference & MEDNIGHT MST GALA
"Two paths to equality: Increasing female leadership in research means linking bottom-up and top-down efforts"
Submit your Tales Until July 31, 2023!
4th Young Researchers at Schools International Meeting
EWORA Annual General Assembly, 14 June 2023, Online.